What we are looking for
Burton Demolition, in partnership with Speedy Demolition and Asbestos Removal, is a leading demolition business based in Burton, SA. We take pride in providing a high level of customer service and ensuring the client's expectations are exceeded and our projects are completed to the highest of standards.
With a high-volume of work, we are now looking to bring an asbestos removal supervisor who can perform asbestos removal, direct others, ensure safe practices are adhered to on-site and complete paperwork to the highest standard.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with labourers, operators, and clients/builders to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Provide accurate quotations and estimates on projects that Burton Demolition to secure business while maintaining healthy profit margins
- Ensure necessary permits and licenses from appropriate authorities are granted for each project
- Determine required resources (labour, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention budgetary limitations
- Plan all demolition operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, operators, etc. and provide training and support when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports as required
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues to the office
- Ensure adherence to all SAFEWORK SA practices at all times
- Ensure completion of the project to Burton Demolition standards and create end-of-job reports
- Work with the administration team to ensure SWMS are completed for every project
- Ensure staff are trained and toolbox meetings are completed
- Complete site inductions with each employee by completing a mandatory site walkthrough on commencement of each project, to ensure staff are aware of surrounding and temporary structures
- Adhere to strict EPA Guidelines to ensure dust control and minimise environmental risks
- Meet targeted expectations of 350 completed projects in FY20-21
You will be provided with all the tools required to complete your role, in addition to a great salary. Burton Demolition also a great team to assist and support you.